HOW IT WORKS
How Does a Remote Work Program Really Work?
The Remote Life is a program for you to travel the world, work remotely and meet interesting people. The program takes care of the research and logistics of traveling and living in a new place while getting together a group of like minded people to share experiences with.
The Remote Life does not provide jobs or remote work assignments.
Most participants join for a period of 3 months for the best experience. But we understand that not all work is flexible. That is why you have the option of joining for any month or week that suits you.
Choose Your Destination. Take a Flight. That’s It.
Let Us Take Care Of
We have worked hard to identify the best work-spaces for our destinations. We visit them frequently and have strong personal relations with their teams. You will have full access to a space with high speed & reliable internet, backup electricity and 24×7 access. Dedicated Skype and meeting rooms are available in most locations. The work spaces are close to the accommodations.
You need your own private space. We get it. A private room in a villa or apartment will be booked for you at each destination. All accommodation partners are verified and tested by our team. Depending on the destination, we may or may not have an in-house kitchen for you to cook. If you’re bringing a partner along, let us know so we can arrange a shared double room and offer 40% off to your partner.
We understand that there are days when you want to explore but also times when you really need to get work done. We provide breakfast in all locations with mix of local and global cuisines and try to accommodate most preferences. If you’re looking for something specific, our local ambassador would be able to guide you best.
Let us worry about the small, itchy parts of traveling to a new country. We pick you up & drop you back to the airport. Also, we will give you a local SIM card on arrival. And our local ambassador will be available with the group at all times. How’s that for convenience?
Oh, and how can we not have a party the day you arrive? A welcome dinner for the whole squad on us.
Community events, group dinners, professional workshops, impact projects and so much more. In the company of interesting people, find an experience for yourself. And, one surprise experience is on us. We won’t tell you about it. Imagine waking up in Bali and getting a complimentary Spa or Yoga session.
We make a lot of effort to build a balanced, diverse group of 10-15 people with different backgrounds and experiences. Imagine sitting on a beach with a designer from Paris, an entrepreneur from California, an engineer from Bangalore, a poker player from London and an artist from Berlin. This is The Remote Life Community, we make friends for life.
Who is it for?
The Remote Life is a community of people who believe there’s a whole new world out there waiting to be explored. Our groups are global, diverse, creative, balanced and usually in the age range 22-35. There’s never a boring moment for someone who’s #LivingTheRemoteLife
You are already one of us if you are:
- a freelancer who believes in being location independent
- an Entrepreneur or a startup team building inspiring products
- a Designer seeking creative inspirations
- a professional working with a progressive organization
- on a sabbatical and looking for new ideas
- reading all this and feeling excited!
Join anytime, for any number of months
Join anytime, for a week or two
- Accommodation in a hotel, apartment or villa with a single, private bedroom for you
- Full time access to a co-working space with high speed internet and electricity backup
- Daily breakfast
- A welcome dinner with the whole group on arrival
- Airport pickup and drop
- A local SIM card on arrival
- Local Ambassador available with you at all times
- TRL backend support team for visa and flights assistance
- Access to community meetups, workshops, sessions and seminars
- One surprise activity at each location. Imagine getting a complimentary Yoga session in Bali or food tour in Lima.
- All flights
- Visa fees
- Travel Insurance
- Local commuting, eating out and personal expenses.
- Drinking and smoking – we’ll go broke if we start covering this!
- Activities, adventures or excursions that you might want to take up personally.
Confirm & pay at least 3 months in advance and we will waive off $100/month.
REFER A FRIEND
For each successful referral both of you get $50 in TRL credit.
BRING A PARTNER
Get someone along to share a room and your partner gets 40% off their total cost.
TRL COMMUNITY MEMBERS
Special offers for TRL Community members
Tell us about yourself.
Fill out a form that takes 10 mins.
We get in touch within 3-5 working days.
We schedule a call or a video chat to get to know you better. We’ll answer your questions and have some of our own.
You’re happy, we’re happy.
We send a confirmation, you agree. Let’s get on a plane for the experience of a lifetime.